LLVM profiling...

I was working on my final project then, suddenly I required to do some profiling. It took a while for me to understand its working and literally i was frustrated with the documentation on LLVM about it. I have to go through the mails to understand how its done. And even those mails were not written for a normal user. So here I am sharing what I have done and how I have done.

I would like to make this a kind of tutorial where I will start from the llvm installation to the profiling of code. I would like to make this tutorial such that even if a person has no interest in doing instrumentation he can read and apply this tutorial for fun.

2 comments:

parcool said...

when u r writing the rest of the tutorial.....

Tarun said...

I found that its very tough to insert the code in LLVM. I have used the examples in the examples folder in the source code. They have inserted some simple instructions in the code.

Post a Comment